Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best Team to Watch In the Last 25 Years

The phrase they keep saying repeatedly about the BCS bowl rating system is "the computers can't see them play."

You and I can see them play. Oregon is the best team to watch that I have seen in soooo many years. I am saying 25 years, but I honestly cannot remember when I have seen a more intriguing team. I didn't say they were the best, just the most fun to watch. Also add unique to that description. The motion they run. On one play alone La Michael James went in motion and switched positions 4 different times before the snap. Their coach is like a mad scientist. He adjusts to what the other team gives and then its over. They score so fast that their defense is on the field a ton, so they tend to give up points. I have noticed in the second half, the defense does not give up many points and the offense turns the game into a rout. They are the point a minute Ducks and are must watch if you like exciting college football.

Someone brought up a good point. How do you prepare for this team. Every team I have seen them play was gassed by the second half. They are not the fastest, but the fastest tempo ever played for sure.

La Michael James is very fast but small. Don't let that fool you, he is really strong as well. He's another Texan, along with their quarterback, that got away from Mack Brown. They may be the most well coached offensive team in the past 25 years.

*************************************************************

My heart goes out to all involved at the tragic incident at Notre Dame this past week. It was one hellacious storm...it was even a problem flying around it as I had to do. I am not going to point any fingers because all parties feel extremely bad and I am sure they are second guessing themselves.

Not to sound like a broken record, but in a normal Notre Dame atmosphere, Tulsa is down 40 at the half. I am not a Notre Dame homer. I was when I grew up Catholic. I watched them routinely kill us when I was at Miami. We never said anything bad about it, we sort of expected the result. Where I drew the line was when Golden Domers said it was unfair when Miami did the same to them. The Irish throttled teams for years and when you have a talent laden team like Miami used to field, you can't tell your players to go half speed. That's a certain recipe for injury. They cancelled the Miami series, but recently re-signed a new series with the Irish. It's great to see this ferocious rivalry renewed. Now I sort of wish the Irish would be a power again. The world of college football is really much more intriguing when they are in the mix. Hopefully they figure it out sooner rather than later. Again, my condolences to all involved.

No comments: